Friday, March 20, 2009

Blessed Living In Singapore

Hey guys...

I just came back from KL yesterday and all I have to say is I'm really blessed to be living in Singapore. I guess you guys should feel the same way too. I'm not saying this because of some bad encounters during the trip or whatsoever. The trip went smoothly as a whole, Alhamdulillah.

What I'm trying to say is travel opens up your mind; broaden your perspectives. Go out, see the world. I noticed several trips during my stay in KL. The busy traffic, the mak nyahs (transvestite), the different mazhabs or beliefs..(man this incident sets my dad and me talking). Here's what we saw. There's this guy at the surau came in as a makmum. Then after the prayers ended, he went on to lead another prayer with 4 other guys at the back. Soon, many followed him..And guess what? After the prayers he led ended, he went at the back and started to pray again with the same 4 guys! Hmms.. how many time does he want to pray Maghrib? Wallahu'alam..This sort of thing, only HE knows ..but I'm still left puzzled.

And about being blessed living here, I brought this matter up as I felt unsafe walking on the streets of KL at night, no kidding. Its unlike Singapore..The other thing is about our spending power. We can spend like for all we care there as everything's 'so cheap'. While their citizens there 'suffer' because of their all-time low currency rate. Prices there are set high as tourism money generates income while most Malaysians can't afford as thir income doesn't allow them to. The rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer. Sounds cliched yeah? But sadly, that's what is happening each day..

No comments: